CAMS Application Process for Admission
Non- Long Beach Applicants- Students that have completed the application process for the 2017-2018 school year will receive notifications during the week of March 6-10. Families will receive a letter via U.S. mail as well as e-mail communication using the address provided in the application.
LBUSD Applicants will receive notification via the LBUSD CHOICE office and timeline.
Thank you for your interest in applying to CAMS. At this time the application window has closed for the 2017-2018 school year.
Application window opens in the fall (November-December) for the following school year.
Requirements for consideration:
1. Students MUST reside in the CAMS attendance area:
- School Districts: Compton Unified, Hawthorne, Inglewood Unified, Lawndale, Lennox, Long Beach Unified, Lynwood Unified, Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified, Torrance Unified and Wiseburn.
- The following middle schools in the southeastern portion of the Los Angeles Unified School District: Bethune, Carnegie, Caroldale, Carver, Clay, Curtiss, Dana, Dodson, Drew, Edison, Fleming, Gage, Gompers, Harte, Mann, Markham, Muir, Nimitz, Peary, South Gate, White and Wilmington.
- Private/charter school students who live in the attendance area of the above middle schools are also eligible to apply.
2. Academic Requirements:
- Completion of Algebra or the equivalent
- 3.0 cumulative academic GPA for grades 6-7
- 3.0 GPA on most recent 8th grade report
- Score at the Met or Exceeded level on California State Standards Test (SBAC)
3. NON-Long Beach Applicants ONLY*: Complete our online application, which includes all parts listed below:
CAMS online application will be available beginning November 28, 2016 through December 23, 2016.
- Online Application
- Completed counselor report placed in a signed, sealed envelope. The counselor report must include the following and be returned or mailed by either the counselor or parent directly to CAMS.
- An official transcript and a copy of the students most recent progress report from grade 8
- A copy of all SBAC test scores from the spring administration
- Private school students must include copies of all test scores for 6th and 7th grades
- *Admissions to CAMS is designed to provide opportunities for qualified students from every middle school in our consortium. CAMS accepts 1-3 students from every public middle school that submits qualified applications.
4. If you reside in Long Beach, attend a LBUSD school, or a private school in Long Beach then you will apply through the CHOICE Office. Our online application is only for NON-Long Beach Applicants. Please note, the CAMS application window is different than the LBUSD Choice Application.
Please contact Ms. Shipman, CAMS Assistant Principal, at email@example.com if you have questions.