Discover LBCC Dec. 2 (Descubre LBCC 2 de Diciembre)
Earthwatch's innovative IGNITE program seeks student applicants from high schools in the greater Los Angeles region to join the expedition of a lifetime. The program awards deserving students with an all-expenses-paid opportunity to participate in hands-on, scientific research in remote locations across the United States.
Are you an ideal candidate?
1. You must be a high school sophomore or junior from greater Los
Angeles who will be 15 to 18 in the summer of 2016.
2. You must be able to spend 14 days away from home during the
summer of 2016.
SELECTION PROCESS & APPLICATION TIMELINE
- Starting October 2015 – Begin your application by clicking the Apply Now button below.
- By December 14, 2015 – Submit your completed application. Keep in mind the application requires two recommendations: one from a science teacher, and another from either another teacher (any subject) or an adult mentor.
- April 2016 – Receive notification from Earthwatch on whether or not your application was successful. The Ignite program awards 50+ students from Los Angeles each year.
- Summer 2016 – Participate on a scientific field research expedition for 10-14 days during your summer vacation.
Attention 12th Graders: Apply to CSULB by Nov. 30
All high school seniors interested in attending Cal State Long Beach for fall 2016 must apply online by Nov. 30. View the attachment from CSULB for more information.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in port-related industries, you should apply for the Port of Long Beach Scholarship. The application is now available on line. The deadline to apply is January 15, 2016.